Intern, Database & Technology
The Database & Technology Intern will work closely with the events team in updating database in Salesforce, CVENT, and excel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the event marketing and technology team to do data audit and clean-up in Salesforce & Cvent address book.
This is a paid intern position.
- List Management
- Work in Salesforce CRM to audit duplicate records, merging as needed. Must be able to identify key fields of data that should be retained in any new records.
- Able to evaluate potential duplicate records and update information as needed, or fill in missing information.
- Append data in online applications (Salesforce, Cvent)
- Good with Excel. Able to write formulas, sort, find/replace, change formats.
- Accountable to present results at weekly meetings with department staff.
- Alert other team members of potential data issues, and approach them with ideas and concerns.
- Audience Building Research
- Research targeted list to add/update contact details and research notes about potential invitees for upcoming events.
- Event Registration
- Knowledge or experience with event registration process, onsite registration issues and concerns, and the importance of accurate registration data
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of list management and databases as it relates to audience building and target lists for event information
- Detail orientated, resourceful and ability/willingness to learn quickly
- Willingness to undertake research
- Strong technical skills and full competencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Able to do online research to gather background notes, contact details, and 360 perspective of potential clients using social media, LinkedIn, Google, Data.com and other online methods.
About the Milken Institute
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. We do this through independent, data-driven research, action-oriented meetings and meaningful policy initiatives.
Our work is guided by the formula that our founder and chairman, Michael Milken, developed: Prosperity equals the effect of financial technology acting to multiply the value of human capital, social capital and real assets. Stable economic growth most often occurs where people have access to education and health care, can participate freely in the political process, and can aspire to property ownership. The formula is our understanding of the relationship between finance and a strong society.
Our Centers explore the convergence of finance, business, health, philanthropy, and policy to advance collaborative solutions that will drive progress. Each center is uniquely poised to steer the policy toward practical solutions and sound decision-making.
From our flagship event, the Global Conference, to roundtables and workshops to Capitol Hill briefings, we bring together leaders with diverse expertise from across sectors and industries for highly focused interactions and compelling content.
For more information, please visit www.milkeninstitute.org.
This position is based in the Santa Monica, California office (no ability to work remote). Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background check is required for employment in this position.
All materials must be in PDF format.