Senior Associate, Communications
The Senior Associate, based in Washington, DC, will work on the Milken Institute Communications team, focused on our health initiatives. The senior associate will develop and implement strategies to reach new and existing audiences, and promote the Institute’s work and events through email marketing and digital media.
This position primarily will focus on communications for FasterCures, the DC-based Center of the Milken Institute that focuses on cutting through the roadblocks that slow medical progress. The Senior Associate will report to the Director, Strategic Outreach.
- Work closely with supervisor and other executives to understand the Milken Institute mission, strategies, and programs to craft and deliver communications programs that drive awareness and engagement
- Edit and occasionally write publications, including reports, issue briefs, blogs, website copy, and marketing pieces
- Write and edit content for newsletters and manage design and distribution process
- Promote and disseminate program work to appropriate audiences and identify new outreach opportunities
- Liaise with designers and event logistics team on publications, collateral, and event production
- Produce webinar series, including identifying topics, managing invitations, monitoring registration process, conducting webinars, and reporting metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, public relations, journalism, advertising, public affairs, English, or related field
- At least three years of experience as a full-time communications or marketing professional
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (framing, writing, editing, proofreading)
- Demonstrated project management skills, including project design, timely execution, and documented results
- Effective team player
- Ability to learn new areas of science, health, and related fields
- Desire to be part of an evolving, innovative organization and to contribute to its growth and reputation
- Strong ability to juggle competing, time-sensitive priorities in a fast-paced environment
- History of skills in analytics to measure outcomes and apply metrics to current work
- Experience in health and science communications and familiarity with Milken Institute programmatic areas
- Technical skills including Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign) and basic knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity with programs including PowerPoint, tumblr, WebEx, email marketing systems (Eloqua), and content management systems, and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Ability to be flexible and maintain a good sense of humor
About The Milken Institute
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs, and improve health.
Working with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy, and the social sector, the Institute conducts research and convenes conferences and meetings designed to discover practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, promote smart conservation, and spur economic development.