Innovative Financing Internship
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Temporary
CFM is part of the Milken Institute, a non-profit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. More specifically, CFM’s mission is to promote financial market understanding, expand access to capital, strengthen—and deepen—financial markets, and develop innovative financial solutions to the most pressing global challenges. We do this by creating independent, data-driven research, action-oriented meetings, meaningful policy initiatives, cutting-edge education programs, and novel financing ventures.
About the Internship
CFM, and the larger Milken Institute, have been at the forefront of identifying and conceptualizing a number of innovative solutions to key global challenges. Over a 6-12 month period, the internship will involve various projects, including one or two long-term innovative financing projects to address a specific global challenge. Duties will include identifying the root cause of the challenge, conducting a landscape analysis of key stakeholders and formulating an innovative financing path forward.
We’re looking for professionals who are:
- Analytical, creative and rigorous thinkers: You are a detail oriented and flexible problem solver. You can synthesize diverse streams of information and switch comfortably between academic and real-world thinking.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves executers: You are comfortable with engaging in new and nebulous projects. Comfortable with proposing an approach upfront while constantly refining along the way.
- Team players: You collaborate well with multidisciplinary teams, comfortably taking leadership when necessary as well as following directions.
The Intern will be a member of the Center for Financial Markets (CFM) and report to the Managing Director and work closely with CFM staff as well as the larger Milken Institute.
- Graduate student or recent graduate with an advanced degree in economics, finance, law, medicine, international development or a related concentration and relevant professional experience.
- Background in one more of the following: strategy consulting, global capital markets, commercial banking, venture capital / private equity, investment banking, global health, law, and/or international aid organizations.
- Experience working in multicultural environments and with international organizations.
- Have the necessary authorizations to work in the United States of America.