Associate, Milken Scholars Program
The Milken Scholars Program has an immediate opening for an Associate. The Milken Scholars Program is a joint initiative of the Milken Institute and Milken Family Foundation, both philanthropic organizations based in Santa Monica, California.
The Associate will be an integral part of a dynamic, fast-paced team. This is an exciting career opportunity for anyone interested in working on a national level program, and is devoted to the mission of supporting talented individuals identified as Milken Scholars as they pursue their academic and professional goals. The Milken Scholars Program is looking for a motivated individual who is willing to work hard, is a quick study, and is willing to contribute to the continued growth and success of the program. If you would like to be part of a team where what you do makes a difference in the lives of others, then this is definitely the job for you.
Milken Scholars come from a variety of backgrounds and have roots in 66 countries. They have undergraduate and graduate degrees from every elite university in the United States and careers in science, medicine, business and management, law, government, finance, education, health care, technology, and more. The common strands are scholarship, leadership, service, and character, and a commitment to bring meaning to the Program’s motto, Lifelong Leaders for a Better World.
All qualified applicants should send a cover letter illustrating how your experience and skills will contribute to the Program and any unique qualities you bring to the position as described in this document, current resume with salary history, and names, titles, and phone numbers of three references to Mark Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8, 2017. References would not be contacted without your consent.
Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelors required
- Experience: Full-time work experience in office or related setting
- Special skills required
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks, work efficiently and calmly under pressure and deadlines, manipulate a constant flow of multiple tasks
- Advanced technology skills including database, word processing, spreadsheet, web research and updates
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
- Team spirit, reliability, quick learner, self-starter, energetic, motivation, strong work ethic, attention to detail, confidentiality, initiative, positive attitude, follow-through
- Ability to both collaborate with a close-knit team dedicated to the goals of the programs and also work independently with minimum supervision
Salary Range and Other Benefits
Health, dental, and vision benefits
Full-service gym onsite
Office in excellent Westside location near the Ocean
Dr. Jane Foley, Senior Vice President, Milken Educator Awards and Director, Milken Scholars
- Maintenance of program database, record keeping, and file maintenance.
- Support of all program events to include the Annual Summit, Alumni Symposium, Recognition Ceremonies, and Holiday Dinners.
- Occasional travel to off-site program events, particularly in New York City and Washington D.C.
- Support and coordinator of selection materials.
- Manage phone inquiries and communication.
- Close interaction via email, phone, and face-to-face with Milken Scholars, high school offices and counselors, Foundation and Institute personnel.
- Proof and prepare correspondence and mailings.
- Research information, as requested.
- Other roles and duties as determined by supervisor.