Intern, Business and Program Development
The Milken Institute is seeking an Intern to support the Milken Institute’s business and program development team.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to improve lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health.
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
This position will report to the Director of Business and Program Development, and work closely with colleagues in this department as well as Events, Programs and Communications. Under the supervision of their manager, the intern will provide support to the Business and Program Development team by putting together company business briefs and engagement strategies as well as target prospect lists.
The right candidate will add value to an extraordinary portfolio of existing relationships with global financial institutions, corporate, investment, public policy and foundation leaders and members of the philanthropic community, by developing strong knowledge of their businesses in order to proactively find and pursue opportunities for growing the relationships.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to multi-task while handling complex projects in fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and hard worker displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- Team-oriented individual who seeks out tasks when work is completed and assists co-workers to ensure goals, requirements and deadlines are achieved
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail that ensures rewarding experiences and outcomes for supporters and other stakeholders
- Skilled at working with people and able to interact positively with all levels of an organization
- Desire and ability to support relationships with senior level decision-makers
- Effective oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to use critical, creative thinking to solve problems large and small
- For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in the most important work of our time
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Salesforce is a plus
No phone calls or agencies, please.