Event Marketing Strategy Manager
The Milken Institute improves lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. We’re a publicly supported, nonpartisan, independent think-tank whose work makes a difference in the lives of people worldwide by helping create a more democratic and efficient global economy. Our conferences convene some of the world's most extraordinary people to explore solutions to today's most pressing challenges in financial markets, industry sectors, health, government and education.
As the marketing strategy lead for our events team, you will play a key role in transforming our email communications into nurture tracks that provide incremental value to both the audience and the Milken Institute, in a way that feels human and still converts. We also need you to understand the right types of content to send to the right people at the right time, both for lead nurturing and to boost the sharing and forwarding of our content-driven emails.
- Work with the events and communications team to understand organizational needs and translate those needs into strategic marketing automation initiatives using our marketing automation platform (Eloqua or Marketo)
- Understand industry, industry trends, and the audience members in that industry
- Works with marketing to build, employ, and maintain personas to drive personalization and optimize campaign performance.
- Work with stakeholders to design and manage to strategic and tactical KPIs
- Translate organizational goals into marketing automation deliverables (campaign structures, email units, etc.)
- Develop strategy for engaging and converting leads.
- Understand the key concepts and potentials of marketing automation and articulate them to help drive growth (campaigns, target audience engagement, registrations).
- Provide strategy and recommendations for segmenting lists based on behaviors, like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.)
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of our email sends.
- Measure, and optimize campaign, content, and targeting.
- Optimize email marketing performance through A/B testing, email lifecycle management, personalization, creative, and content management.
The ideal candidate is happy to come to work and excited to make a difference; he/she is team player with a strong desire to impact change. The candidate has excellent analytical and technical skills, along with a demonstrated ability to get things done in a customer-driven, collaborative team environment.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience with, campaign design, marketing automation, and/or web analytics.
- Working knowledge of content marketing and persona management.
- Proficiency using a marketing automation tool such as Marketo or Eloqua.
- Highly strategic and able to uncover and understand organizational needs.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both written and verbal form).
- Facilitate behavior change at a team level to inject true business pace:
- Able to deal with resistance to change when facilitating improvement projects requiring change management skills.
- Enable people to identify and deliver local and effective improvements that give real benefits and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coach project sponsors, champions and stakeholders.
- Conduct project reviews through structured governance and application of effective project management skills.
- Engage and influence leadership at all levels.