Senior Technical Business Analyst
The Milken Institute improves lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. We’re a publicly supported, nonpartisan, independent think-tank whose work makes a difference in the lives of people worldwide by helping create a more democratic and efficient global economy. Our conferences convene some of the world's most extraordinary people to explore solutions to today's most pressing challenges in financial markets, industry sectors, health, government and education.
As a Business Analyst on our Event Technology and Marketing team, you will play a key role in transforming our data and marketing architecture by performing analysis, assessing the impact and documenting functional requirements to guide our business with best practices and a structured approach. Immediate focus areas are data standardization, improved marketing architecture and data best practices.
- Partner with the Head of Event Technology and Marketing to define the system and organization requirements for event technology and marketing project goals.
- Lead data standardization efforts, data governance, and data best practices.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Milken Institute’s organization in order to identify ways to improve internal processes and drive efficiencies.
- Measure key aspects of the current process and collect relevant data; calculate the 'as-is' process capability.
- Analyze the data to investigate and verify cause-and-effect relationships. Determine what the relationships are, and attempt to ensure that all factors have been considered. Seek out root cause of the challenge under investigation.
- Author business artifacts such as business cases, requirements documents, wire frames, user stories, use cases, project estimates, capital requests, workflow diagrams, and status reports.
- Improve or optimize the current process based upon data analysis using testing techniques and standard work to create a new, future state process. Set up pilot runs to establish process capability.
- Deliver improvement programs/projects with highly effective and appropriate Lean principles and tools and/or Six Sigma methods.
- Share the use of best practice methods for improvements across the business and provide evidence of real change implementation.
- Facilitate behavior change at a team level to inject true business pace:
- Able to deal with resistance to change when facilitating improvement projects requiring change management skills.
- Enable people to identify and deliver local and effective improvements that give real benefits and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coach project sponsors, champions and stakeholders.
- Conduct project reviews through structured governance and application of effective project management skills.
- Engage and influence leadership at all levels.
The ideal candidate is happy to come to work and excited to make a difference; he/she is team player with a strong desire to impact change. The candidate has excellent analytical and technical skills, along with a demonstrated ability to get things done in a customer-driven, collaborative team environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical business analyst
- Significant experience gathering, documenting, and analyzing business requirements from internal customers and stakeholders
- Significant experience working with developers and other technical staff to create design documentation, wire frames, and workflow diagrams.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in business analysis and project management processes and methodologies - direct experience with Agile/Lean based methodologies is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail - ability to quickly analyze problems, get things done, and “figure it out” with minimal requirements and guidance
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities
- Passionate about data and integration. Stays current on industry trends, technologies, and best practices
- Utilize time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities with ability to handle multiple and parallel projects
- Previous experience with Salesforce and marketing automation platforms strongly preferred
- Very effective in facilitating meetings, delivering presentations, and conducting training sessions.
- Experienced with a variety of mapping methods to make processes and systems visible.