The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate to support the Communications team. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
Working with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute conducts research and covenes conferences and meetings designed to discover practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, promote smart conservation and spur economic development.
The Associate will work closely with the Executive Director of Communications and the Communications team to develop and disseminate digital and print communications. The ideal candidate will perform best in a team environment and possess solid writing, editing, organization and coordination skills.
- Write engaging copy and headlines for blogs, social media posts and email correspondence
- Contribute to external and internal communications planning for and execution of events, report releases and campaigns
- Create and maintain media lists in CisionPoint
- Prepare reports regarding the Institute’s traditional and social media and web properties using Google Analytics, Crimson Hexagon and other digital measurement tools
- Liaise across Milken Institute Centers and departments to provide communications support and develop and/or manage project plans
- Provide nominal administrative support to the Executive Director and the Communications department
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (writing, editing, proofreading)
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; Detail-oriented
- Strong project management skills - ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track
- Knowledge and experience with: Microsoft Office including Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel; as well as all major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snap, and Instagram is required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, public relations, journalism, advertising, public affairs, English or related field preferred
- Familiarity with CisionPoint, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Cvent or other communications measurement technology
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and website content management systems