Associate, Business and Program Development
The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate to support the Milken Institute’s Business and Program Development team in its Washington D.C. office. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues. Working closely with the Director of Business and Program development, the position is responsible for maintaining a robust development program that works with major donors, events, industry partners, and corporate and foundations. The position will ensure maintaining strong relationships with existing donors, seeking to grow their investment, while at the same time expanding the base.
The Milken Institute is a globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank with offices in Santa Monica, California, Washington DC, Singapore and London, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
The Associate, Business and Program Development will report to and work closely with the Milken Institute’s Director of Business and Program Development to support the strategy and engagement with strategic partners both domestically and internationally to fund programs that widen access to capital, create jobs, and improve health. With 8 programmatic centers across our offices in Santa Monica, Washington DC, Singapore and London, this position will play a key support role in advancing our mission through research and convenings.
- Provide support for supporters and corporate sponsors throughout the year by building relationships with key contacts and being responsive to their requests, particularly in preparation for and during major conferences, with regular communication around logistics of their conference engagement and proactively managing these relationships;
- Help maintain the relationships with executives from Foundations, individual philanthropists, and c-level executives from corporations;
- Conduct research and identify opportunities to grow our partnership base through our research and convenings;
- Attend client meetings, produce post meeting reports, manage CRM database, and create sponsorship proposals to potential partners in coordination with the business development director;
- Support major benefit and cultivation events, including tracking invitations and replies, coordinating with vendors, following up with attendees;
- Assist in the development and management of convenings where our partners participate, including the Global Conference, Summits in Asia, Europe, and California, and other forums and roundtables;
- Communicate effectively across the Milken Institute to help support the coordination and integration of partnership relations throughout its Centers and Departments.
- Assist with creating fundraising proposals to individuals, corporations and foundations, ensuring all reporting requirements are met; and
- Undergraduate degree required with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience, ideally in a client facing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Precise attention to detail and high standards of excellence
- Strong ability to conduct research across various industry sectors – health/medical research, finance/banking, public health
- Must be able to handle problems quickly and efficiently
- Personal attitude that includes being outgoing, entrepreneurial, action-oriented, and flexible
- Most importantly, enthusiasm for the mission of the Institute and its potential impact
We offer a demanding, yet supportive and collaborative work environment where ideas and ingenuity matter. Apply today if you’re ready to grow and help us make a real impact in the world.
The Milken Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We provide excellent benefits, including medical/dental, LTD, life insurance, a flex spending program, a retirement savings plan and a company gym.
No phone calls or agencies, please.